Ross Township has adopted the Pennsylvania Uniform Construction Code which presently adheres to the 2015 International Codes. All permits filed after October 1, 2018 will have to meet the 2015 ICC Codes unless a signed design or construction contract was executed prior to October 1, 2018.
- All Permit Reviews, Approvals, and Inspections
- Enforcement of the Pennsylvania State Building Code
All inspection requests must be made via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All inspections require 48 hour notice. For more information please call at 412-931-7048.
Click here to view the Inspection Procedures.
Plumbing inspections and the issuance of plumbing permits are performed by Allegheny County Health Department Plumbing Inspection Division at 412-922-6270.
Building Code Appeals Board
The Building Code Appeals Board hears requests for variances, interpretations and appeals to the Building Code with respect to the law.
FEMA Flood Plain Requirements
FEMA has determined that properties mapped as Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA), which are marked as "A, AE, or AE Floodway" on FEMA maps, have a 1% annual chance of flooding and must meet additional requirements. Check FEMA Flood Maps to better understand your flood risk. Ross Township cannot certify Flood Zones. For questions regarding Flood Plains, please contact Manager Borczyk.
- Allegheny County Real Estate Portal
- Climatic and Geographic Design Criteria: Ross Township Design Criteria
- Code.sys Code Consulting: Ross Township’s Third Party Agency
- Gibson-Thomas Engineering: Ross Township’s Engineer
- HIC PA Licensed Contractors
- US Department of Energy ResCheck or ComCheck: Used for energy compliance in lieu of using the PA alternative or International Energy Conservation Code
- Call 811: Call before you dig
- Can I have chickens?
- Where can I find the Ross Township Code of Ordinances?
- What size shed or garage can I build?
- What size and type of fence can I have?
- Do I need a permit for a fence, shed, deck or addition to my home?
- How do I schedule an Inspection for my permitted work?
- How much will my permit cost?