Founded in 2019, the Durachko-Gottfried Ross Township Citizen of the Year Award, is presented annually to a Ross Township individual or a group of individuals who have made a meaningful and significant impact on our community. Recipients have demonstrated a commitment to having made considerable, noteworthy, and long-lasting contributions to the lives of our residents and their families through the same selfless and caring manner displayed by the remarkable citizens for whom this award is named.
Qualities looked for are as follows:
• A person who continually volunteers his or her time, dedication and talents to the Township and the
citizens of the community to make Ross Township a great place to live, work, play and learn.
• A person who has made a positive difference to the lives of fellow citizens.
• Someone who is dedicated to Ross and concerned for others. They may serve on service,
school, church, or other community committees.
• A person who has shown a willingness to work with other Ross residents, who is
enthusiastic about the Township and its citizens, and who works continually towards the betterment of
• A person with the qualities of honesty and integrity.
To nominate someone or a group of individuals, please fill out the nomination form and email to Jessica Crawshaw or mail to: Jessica Crawshaw, 1000 Ross Municipal Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15237 by 4PM on Thursday, October 1, 2020.