Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Public Works Laborer
The Township of Ross, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of laborer in our Public Works Department. In order to be considered eligible at the time of application, you must possess, maintain, and show proof of a validated PA Commercial Driver’s License; be capable of performing essential job functions; and, if offered the position, submit to a pre-employment drug screen. Applicants will be evaluated based upon the following factors:
1) Work experience;
2) Relevant skills and knowledge in field of work based on a review
of application for employment and reference checks;
3) High school diploma or equivalent;
4) Able to work on-call and in emergencies as needed;
5) Previous municipal/DPW employment;
6) Heavy truck driving experience;
7) Heavy/highway construction experience;
8) Landscape construction/maintenance experience;
9) Mechanical skills as well as other job skills that may be required
for like and similar operations; and
10) Starting wage is $16.19 per hour with benefit package.
Complete job description/application is available on the Ross Township website (http://pa-rosstownship.civicplus.com/Jobs.aspx). Applications for the position can be picked up at the Ross Township Municipal Building, 1000 Ross Municipal Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15237. Please submit application, in person or by mail, before 4:00 PM on October 25, 2018 to Douglas Sample, Manager, Ross Township Municipal Building, 1000 Ross Municipal Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15237-2725. Faxed, emailed, or scanned applications will not be accepted.