The Ross Township Department of Public Works  is responsible for maintaining all township roadways, storm drains, the sanitary sewer system, maintaining the township parks, playgrounds and buildings, installing and replacing street signs and winter snow and ice control. 

The department has over 35 vehicles which run on B20 Certified Biodiesel, offering better greenhouse gas benefits compared to conventional diesel fuel. The Township supports public education and outreach regarding reducing air pollution and emissions. Click here to read more.

The design team, consisting of McLean Architects, Gateway Engineers, and Township Officials went through the design process to incorporate sustainable initiatives into the new Public Works Building. This design criteria was based off of Gateway Engineers assessment of the old building listed below. 

 Ross Township Public Works Feasibility Study 

The Department of Public Works has recently opened, October of 2016, its new 30,000 sq.ft. facility. The state-of-the-art facility replaced an aging, outdated building constructed in the 1960s. The new building was designed with sustainable practices as its focus. These environmental initiatives include reducing the number of garage doors from 32 to 2, implementing an advanced truck washing bay which uses 98% recycled water, an automated ventilation and HVAC system, an 8,000 sq.ft. interior loading salt building, and new,canopied fuel filling station. The new site also houses a 30,000 gallon stormwater retention pond. These improvements have significantly reduced the amount of pollutants contaminating the soil and nearby streams.

The Department of Public Works does not issue building permits or permits for use of township parks.

Contact the West View Water Authority for any emergency situations concerning water main breaks at 412-931-3292.

If you have any questions or concerns, please call our office. 

If an emergency situation arises outside the hours listed above, such as a tree down blocking the road, landslide or collapse of the pavement in a roadway, please call 911 to report the emergency. Sanitary sewer backups, verified by a plumber not to be in the homeowners sewer lateral, should also be called into the publics works office or to 911.