- COVID-19 General Information
- COVID-19 Information for Families
- COVID-19 Information for Older Adults
In order to best serve residents with questions and concerns about COVID-19, ACHD has partnered with the United Way of Southwestern Pennsylvania 2-1-1 for a hotline. Residents can call 1-888-856-2774 to speak with a representative 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Representatives from the hotline can help triage calls from residents with individuals who have symptoms, to provide general information and guidance to residents who have concerns, and to answer or direct questions to other individuals or organizations as appropriate.
Ross Township will continue to monitor and update our website and social media outlets to provide the most up-to-date information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic. While the Township has closed its doors to the public, essential staff remains. Please reference these important numbers to call for questions, concerns, or daily business:
- Administration - 412.931.7055
- Public Works - 412.931.3956
- Police - 412.931.9070
- Community Development and Building Inspections - 412.931.7048
- Parks and Recreation - 412.931.7041
It is our goal to continue to serve our community. We strive for open and honest communication with our residents and look forward to helping each other get through these uncharted times. Our Emergency Management Response Team along with the Board of Commissioners meets weekly to discuss our preparedness as a community and talks daily about the newest information on this constantly changing pandemic. Here are a list of the most recent press releases:
Feeling Depressed Because of Social Distancing?
Here are a few articles and resources that discuss what you can do to help your mental health during this COVID-19 pandemic:
Children need factual, age appropriate information about the potential seriousness of COVID-19, and concrete instruction about how to avoid its spread. Teaching children positive preventive measures, talking with them about their fears, and giving them a sense of some control over their risk can help reduce anxiety.
Parents and Guardians should:
• Remain calm. If a parent seems overly worried, a child’s anxiety may rise.
• Provide reassurance. Health and school officials are working hard to ensure that people throughout the country stay healthy. Children are not high-risk and the majority of people with COVID-19 experience mild symptoms and recover.
• Keep information simple and straightforward. Pittsburgh family physician and parenting expert Dr. Deborah Gilboa suggests asking the child what he/she has heard and believes.
• Find opportunities to correct misinformation. It’s okay if you don’t know all the answers. Information is constantly changing. Please keep the dialogue with your child open.
• Reinforce that not one group is to blame. No group should be stereotyped as responsible for the virus, and bullying or racial discrimination is. This virus can affect anybody. This audio clip created by NPR can be a useful tool.
Here is a list of resources to check out and to help guide conversations with your families:
If you are at higher risk for serious illness from COVID-19 because of your age or because you have a serious long-term health problem, it is extra important for you to take actions to reduce the risk of getting sick.
- Stock up on supplies.
- Take everyday precautions to keep space between yourself and others.
- When you go out in public, keep away from others who are sick, limit close contact and wash your hands often.
- Avoid crowds as much as possible.
- Avoid cruise travel and non-essential air travel.
- During a COVID-19 outbreak in your community, stay home as much as possible to further reduce your risk of being exposed.
Here are some helpful links to resources available for older individuals:
The Township has officially rolled out its new digital agenda management solution. Check out our new Board of Commissioners portal page.
View the recording of the virtual meeting. Click here to View the Meeting
Visit our Permits page and find all the permit applications you need for your next project. Additional Info...
Tue Jun. 2
Thu Jun. 25
Fri Jul. 3