A self-service drug collection vault is located in the lobby of the Ross Township Police Department.
The office is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM until 4:00 PM.
All types of medication are acceptable including prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications and veterinary medicines - tablets, liquids, ointments, or pads. However, no sharps, inhalers, medical equipment, medical wastes or hydrogen peroxide can be accepted. NEVER FLUSH medications. DO NOT POUR them down a sink or drain.
Syringes WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED to be recycled
Syringes, needles, lancets and other sharps pose a major safety hazard to recycling plant workers.
To safely dispose of syringes, needles, lancets, and other medical sharps
- Place the used item into an empty household plastic container or coffee can. Bleach and detergent bottles are best so needles can’t poke through. Do not use glass containers, which can break.
- Tape or screw the lid shut.
- Write “Do Not Recycle” on the outside.
- Never recycle these items: Instead, place into a securely-fastened plastic bag and dispose with your regular garbage in your GRAY-TOP garbage cart.
- Soiled bandages
- Disposable sheets
- Medical gloves
- Adult or baby diapers
- Home-generated medical waste, or materials contaminated with body excrement or secretions.