Ross Township has adopted the Pennsylvania Uniform Construction Code which presently adheres to the 2018 International Building Codes.
All inspection requests must be made via email to: email@example.com. All inspections require 48-hour notice. For more information, please call at 412-931-7048.Inspection requests must include the following:
- Permit #
- Address - include the business name, if applicable
- Inspection Type (i.e.: footing, framing, etc.)
- Requested Date and AM or PM
- On-site contact name and phone
Click here to view the Inspection Procedures.
Please schedule Electrical Inspections directly with Code.sys Consulting, Inc. - David Michael (412-821-0337 x32)
Plumbing permits and inspections are administered by the Allegheny County Health Department - Plumbing Program at 412-578-8036.
Building Code Appeals Board
The Building Code Appeals Board hears and rules on appeals, requests for variances, and requests for extensions of time. An application for appeal shall be based on a claim that the true intent of the act or Uniform Construction Code has been inforrectly interpreted, the provisions of the act or UCC do not fully apply, or an equivalent form of construction is to be used. The BCAB is regulated by the PA UCC, Section 403.121 & Section 403.122.
FEMA Flood Plain Requirements
FEMA has determined that properties mapped as Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA), which are marked as "A, AE, or AE Floodway" on FEMA maps, have a 1% annual chance of flooding and must meet additional requirements. Check FEMA Flood Maps to better understand your flood risk. Ross Township cannot certify Flood Zones. For questions regarding Flood Plains, please contact Manager Borczyk.
- Allegheny County Real Estate Portal
- Climatic and Geographic Design Criteria: Ross Township Design Criteria
- Code.sys Code Consulting: Ross Township’s Third-Party Agency
- Gibson-Thomas Engineering: Ross Township’s Engineer
- HIC PA Licensed Contractors
- US Department of Energy ResCheck or ComCheck: Used for energy compliance in lieu of using the PA alternative or International Energy Conservation Code
- Call 811: Call before you dig